Thank you for your interest in serving on the Board of Directors for the Downtown Orlando Partnership. Board service is a rewarding experience and an opportunity for personal and professional growth. Completing this form will help you understand the skills, time, and resource commitments of this leadership position. You may find it helpful to read through the entire application and Board Member Responsibilities before you begin to complete the form.
This application will be kept confidential and on file at the DOP office. Applications are used by the Board’s Governance Committee to identify and evaluate potential board candidates. New directors are elected by a majority vote of current board members.
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serves a minimum of one (1) three-year term on the Board with an active DOP membership. Eligible to serve two (2) three-year terms, if re-elected.
2. Attends a minimum of one (1) DOP event each month (includes board meetings and/or one DOP event). The DOP Board of Directors meets on the 2nd Thursday of the month from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. four to six times a year. Company representation is expected if a board member is unable to attend a monthly event.
3. Makes a serious commitment to actively participate in DOP governance, oversight, and vision.
4. Stays informed about organizational matters, is prepared for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
5. Builds a collegial working relationship with other board and committee members that contributes to consensus.
6. Participates in the organization's annual evaluation and planning efforts.
7. Engages in the advancement of the strategic plan of DOP including fundraising and member recruitment.
The Downtown Orlando Partnership (DOP) is a 501(c)(6) organization founded in 1961 and is the only organization that focuses specifically on Downtown Orlando’s business community. The DOP offers more than 200 corporate members a single point of access to connect, collaborate, and contribute to the growth of this vital hub of business. Members represent the diversity of size and scope that makes Downtown Orlando a vibrant beacon of development in Central Florida.
DOP unites common interests.
DOP is where Downtown Orlando business leaders and influencers build relationships that shape the future.
DOP powers partnerships.
DOP helps create and support uncommon partnerships between companies, government, and professionals.
DOP extends influence.
DOP adds your vision and voice to Downtown Orlando’s business community through Purpose driven events, strategic programming, and member communications.